Hotels in Singapore: Carlton City Hotel, Singapore

In April 2017, Ken, Jon & I drove down to Singapore to catch Coldplay live. (How we got the tickets is another story altogether - I had tried TWICE to get the tickets to BOTH SHOWS but couldn't go past the seat selection on the booking engine. So I resigned to my fate that I won't be watching them live in Singapore (maybe will catch them in Glastonbury in 10 years or something). A week later, Foong Mei texted me to say that Yee Wen had bought 3 tickets but thought the purchase didn't go through - so she went to buy again. And the next day she ended up with 3 extra tickets on top of her purchase - so I bought them off her! Thank you girls!!)

Kenneth of course was in charge of accommodation booking for the one night we were there. This time around, he booked Carlton City Hotel Singapore based on these reasons:

- Size of room (I think la, I mean, size of room/price is always his formula)
- The Handee/Handy phone (which gave us free internet & free calls in Singapore)

Unfortunately, our stay coincided with the three days that Carlton City was upgrading the entire Handy phone hardware. Oh well.

Nah room tour:

Deluxe Room (I think). Very strong "business hotel" vibes here
But...why would a business hotel have a viewing panel for the bathroom??


Me at the lobby's living wall
No faults to be found with Carlton City Hotel. The nearest MRT station is also a short walk away (like all other hotels in Singapore, haha) and if my memory serves me correctly, there's a food centre/supermarket just across the road.

We also had the "Recovery Brunch" buffet the next day and gorged on sausages, beef, eggs, sushi, tortilla, coffee, tea, etc. It was SGD $26 per pax which I felt was very worth it, even after conversion to RM. By my estimates, a brunch buffet like that could cost upwards of RM100 in KL.

Watching Coldplay live was one of the items off my bucket list, and after the concert I legit felt empty. Sometimes, the thrill of the chase is better than the result. Haha! 

Comments

Popular Posts